Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Boot Camp Begins!


The summer session of Boot Camp got started this morning, bright and early at 6:30 am. I have to say, 6:30 am doesn't feel nearly as early in June as it does in January, when you're trekking out into frigid blackness. This morning, the sun was well up, and the birds were singing their good morning songs by the time I made my way over to the Grove Park Inn Sports Complex. On the way in, I even passed a group of baby turkeys with their mothers, busily working on finding breakfast in a neighbor's yard. It's impossible not to smile at the sight of baby turkeys, no matter how messy and irritating you know they'll become as adults!


On Day 1, LaBet gets us started by outlining the plan for the coming weeks, and explaining how the workouts will be structured. We weigh in, and take benchmark measurements including percentage of body fat and lean muscle. LaBet also records how fast we can run the mile, the number of situps in one minute, and the number of pushups we can do without stopping. Then we work on setting goals. Motivation is high. We've got 8 weeks. We can accomplish all kinds of progress in eight weeks. Off we go!!!
  

1 comment:

  1. "I'm in bootcamp so I run,
    I won't stop until I'm done,
    Sound off 1...2
    Sound off 3...4

    Let's go bootcampers!

    ReplyDelete